[PLUG-TALK] Vertical doped carbon nanotubes...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Feb 15 10:05:48 UTC 2009

Are nitrogen doped carbon nanotubes the substitue for platinum
that will make fuel cells cheap enough and durable enough
for them to be commercialized already?  I've been trying to
find out when prototype fuel cell vehicles which don't use
platinum electrodes in the fuel cell are going to hit the
road, but I'm not having much luck.  Why do so many sites
say that fuel cell cars won't hit the commercial market for
another 10-15 years?  It seems that all the necessary
technology for fuel vehicles to be mass produced exists
now.  I'm wondering if the atmosphere can wait 15 years
for the internal combustion engine to be retired?