[PLUG-TALK] More Cell Phone Weirdness - Verizon Minutes List

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 15:33:55 UTC 2009

As long as we're talking about cell phones, has anyone else experienced
this:

We have 2 cell phones with Verizon and are on a 700 shared minutes plan.
Most months we don't get too close to 700 minutes, but this month (ends
Wed, 2/18) we are in the 600's. Knowing this, I look at "check balance"
on http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/index.html every day or so. Last
Friday it told me we had used 602 minutes. Saturday, I got a text
message from Verizon warning me that we were getting close, might want
to up our plan, and to call them about it. I called. The lady said we
had used 640 minutes. I asked why the web site showed 602 minutes. She
said the web site is 3 hours behind real time.

I checked later Saturday, Sunday, and this morning. I still have only
used 602 minutes, according to the web site. Granted, we don't make too
many calls that aren't to other Verizon users (Verizon to Verizon are
"free"), but I know there was at least one call that should have used a
few minutes.

Has anyone else had occasion to check their Verizon minutes often enough
while near the end of a billing period and/or close to their plan limit?
Have you encountered this discrepancy?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens