[PLUG-TALK] Freedom to Marry - MRC

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Thu Feb 19 16:07:03 UTC 2009

Folks,

First, I think the material here will be helpful to the cause of gay
rights - as well as support the separation of Church and State.

The quotes made by Mr. Robinson are so wacky - but are so consistent
with those of others in his community - that I think they can be used to
discredit the leaders of the so-called "defense of marriage" efforts.

I know it has energized me.

I plan to blog about this thread, probably someplace like DK. (I also do
plan to say that the response of everyone else here has been
overwhelmingly supportive of those who are gay, vegetarian, and
childless by choice.) Do not be surprised to see the quotes of Mr.
Robinson or his ilk in an ad at the next election, as I think it will
repulse the American people in the same way as it repulses the rest of
us here.

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 13:42 -0800, Michael Robinson wrote:
>     People who choose not to have children regardless of an ability
>     to support them and God's wishes that they have more are not
>     married.

Mr. Robinson still says that I am not married, even though my marriage
is recognized in all 50 states.

People have had duels over less. This and related statements will likely
be exhibit #1 when I present it on other forums.

>     Both natural law and God's law are relevant regardless of the form
>     of government in this country.  God is not going to say to the
>     person who tries to argue, "civil law doesn't agree with you,"
>     that that is a good enough excuse.

And once again Mr. Robinson says that he does not have to obey the law
because his view of "God's law" and "Natural law" supersedes it.

>     How is saying that civil unions exist constitute approval
>     of gay sex?  It does not.  It does not prove that Sarah
>     Palin approves of gay sex either.

Apparently, Sarah Palin is a hero of Mr. Robinson. During the '08 VP
debate, she said:

>     "But I also want to clarify, if there's any kind of suggestion
>     at all from my answer that I would be anything but tolerant of
>     adults in America choosing their partners, choosing
>     relationships that they deem best for themselves, you know,
>     I am tolerant "

Even Sarah Palin approves of gay relationships. Mr. Robinson is not even
as tolerant as Sarah Palin.

> Mike, you insist that I am inconsistent by frankly attributing
> positions I don't agree with to me.

Where I've said that Mr. Robinson is inconsistent, I have quoted his
words.

> By the way, why do you ignore my posts on other topics that are
> hopefully less controversial such as oh Rick Rocket coming out
> for Linux and a commentary on hydrogen?

I notice that Mr. Robinson has not received responses on those topics
from anyone else either. Perhaps someone more forgiving than I will
respond, I don't know.

However, Mr. Robinson has directly insulted so many people at PLUG, I'm
not sure that anyone here is motivated to respond to him on a less
controversial topic. (In previous messages, just from memory, he has
directly called out Keith, John, Ronald, Dave, Jason, and the vegan
Fiancee of the visitor from Tacoma.)

Thanks,
Mike