[PLUG-TALK] Comcast business class service...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Feb 21 02:09:23 UTC 2009

Comcast couldn't get the subnet right?  It belonged to existing
customers?

Wow, that is pretty incompetent on Comcast's part.  Well, it is
$60 a month for an 8 IP DSL subnet running 1.5m/256k.  I'm assuming
that Comcast would be cheaper.  I'm thinking of overlapping cable/DSL
for a month, so the cable doesn't have to work right away.  I don't
know what business class Comcast cable service is going to run
with an 8 IP subnet, a /29 in CIDR notation.  The phone company
CenturyTel is expensive, $40 a month for basic phone service
including a mandatory $10/month extension to Portland, no caller id,
no call waiting, and no long distance.

Between $40/month CenturyTel phone service and $60/month Opus DSL, my
folks are forking out $100/month already.

I'm sorry to hear that Comcast is out to make a fortune off of people
by recommending spendy technicians.  I guess what is the cost going
to be and what is the minimum commitment to try Comcast business class
cable Internet service?  What's the stupid Microsoft crap about anyways?