[PLUG-TALK] Freedom to Marry - MRC

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Sun Feb 22 15:48:02 UTC 2009

First, Mr. Robinson, you apparently have never been married.

Yet you try to pass yourself off as an authority on marriage.

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 12:27 -0800, Michael Robinson wrote:
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
>
> For what?

If you've read the opening of my last two messages to this list, that
should be clear. With your statements, you've provided excellent
ammunition - for - the cause of gay rights.

> Haven't you ever heard if you don't have anything nice to
> say don't say anything at all?

I wonder how many messages you've posted to this list has had something
nice to say. You've posted some really mean messages on this list. If
your inconsistencies didn't qualify you as a hypocrite before, that
statement qualifies you now.

But there is no requirement on this list to have something nice to say.
In any case, I do always have something nice to say. I say "Thanks."

> As far as the vegan part, I simply question the pervasive wisdom
> or folly for that matter that vegetarianism is good for the environment.

That conflicts with your previous statement - one more "inconsistency"
http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug-talk/2009-January/004911.html

> "God said of the animals, these are to eat."

> As far as trying to knock down my like or dislike of Sarah Palin,
> there are plenty of things I like about her and plenty of things
> I don't.

Which confirms my point that you are more bigoted than Palin, the most
right-wing of the politicians in the current mainstream of American
politics.

> The idea of gay marriage is nothing more than a social experiment
> and a dangerous one at that.

It is a human right. I am sorry to see that it is still denied in most
of these United States. But that will change. And you have provided me
with ammunition to help accelerate that change.

I brought up the story of the gay couple, to show that they are the
same, in terms of humanity, as those of us who are married.

> As far as attacking me for saying that civil law is superseded by
> both natural law and God's law, it is.

The government of the United States of America does not agree. If they
agreed with your interpretations of such, then my marriage (we are
childless by choice) would not be valid.

But despite your protests, my marriage is valid - in every state in the
United States of America.

Thanks (for the ammo),
Mike