[PLUG-TALK] Roots venue

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Feb 23 20:19:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:44:46AM -0800, glen e. p. ropella wrote:
> Thus spake plug-talk.q2p at spamgourmet.com circa 21/02/09 11:06 AM:
> > The benches at Roots are exceedingly painful to sit on, so I am open to a
> > different location.- Clinton
>
> Well, I liked Roots as the venue.  And there were chairs other than the
> picnic tables.  I'm thinking next time, we might want to turn the picnic
> tables perpendicular to the projection.  That would make them a bit more
> comfortable.

The sofa could also be moved.  The problem is getting people to put
stuff back where they found it;  about half of us are good at that,
and about half seem to expect Mom to pick up after us.  But we are
growing up, and with a little encouragement I imagine we can work
together to leave Roots in good shape.

Perhaps someone can talk to the Roots folk about whether they would
permit more chairs.  There must be plenty of slightly used office
furniture available cheap these days :-(, and a couple dozen
stacking chairs might be an excellent gift for our hosts.