[PLUG-TALK] People who reject children are not married. - MRC

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Tue Feb 24 20:08:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 03:04 -0800, Michael Robinson wrote:
> And God said, "be fruitful and multiply."

Mr. Robinson never did provide any supporting information on why he's an
authority on marriage. He was never married. All he tries to do is cite
the bible, trying to force his interpretations of religion down our
throats.

And such statements repulse most Americans so much, I hope he continues.
His wild assertions bring us closer to a day where the GLBT community
has the same rights as the rest of us.

> It does not matter what the U.S. government or any
> other earthly government for that matter says about marriage.

That would be true in a theocracy.

> I haven't given anyone ammo to promote "gay rights."

If Mr. Robinson doesn't recognize how he has repulsed people against his
position, too bad for him. But that's why I hope he is not banned from
this board. (However, I'd understand it if he were.)

> As far as the charge that Sarah Palin is a right wing wacko,

Your words, not mine.

> As far as attacking my, "God said of the animals, these are to eat,"
> statement.  He did say that.

This statement literally tries to force your religion down our throats.

> It is not inconsistent with my
> basic argument that vegetarianism is not good for the environment.

It seems that you're unfamiliar with the amount of food it takes to
create meat.

> God saying don't be a vegetarian works in my favor.

It would work in your favor in a theocracy.

> Noone can force me to disregard God when I am asked to recognize
> or reject someone's so called marriage. Trying to force me to
> abandon my God given belief system is futile.

Nobody is forcing you to try to invalidate my marriage either.

If the existence of my marriage violates your God given belief system, I
can live with that.

But your efforts to invalidate my marriage, to put it mildly, violate my
rights. I will fight those efforts with all that I am.

Fortunately, you've given me the best tools to fight you - your words.

Thanks,
Mike