[PLUG-TALK] - MRC - Internet's Long Memory

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Thu Feb 26 21:24:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 07:43:38AM -0800, glen e. p. ropella wrote:
> Thus spake Michael Robinson circa 02/06/2009 04:03 PM:
> > First off, spake is not a word.
>
> Oh, I forgot to refute this false assertion. ;-)
>
> http://www.bartleby.com/61/5/S0600500.html
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spake
> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/spake
> http://www.dictionary.net/spake
> http://define.com/spake
> http://www.yourdictionary.com/spake

Please Glen, those secular "authorities" are not to be trusted.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=3309663
King James Bible, Daniel 3:9
They spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar, O king, live for ever.

or for you new testament types:
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4592072
King James bible, Mark 14:31
But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny
thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.

For other references:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=spake+site%3Awww.hti.umich.edu&btn

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon