[PLUG-TALK] Defense of marriage...

glen e. p. ropella gepr at ropella.net
Fri Feb 27 13:37:49 UTC 2009

Thus spake Michael Robinson circa 02/26/2009 09:03 PM:
> Satan wishes to keep God out of people's souls and
> burn them.

Hence, by being such a nut-job and giving Christianity a bad name,
you're assisting Satan by making "Christians" look like idiots and fascists.

> Stop right there.  Hate the sin, love the sinner.  I haven't
> condemned anyone.  Religious tradition concerning: marriage,
> God's law, and the laws of nature make it abundantly clear
> that it takes: 1 man, 1 woman, and the one true God to make
> a marriage.

Yes, you have condemned people.  You've condemned them by your hard-line
proclamations of "God's law".  The best I can tell, you are actually
anti-Christian, because Christ spoke directly and vehemently against
such hard-line proclamations.  The more you yap about God's law, the
more like the anti-Christ you sound.  Indeed, the more you'll help the
anti-Christ come to power.

God's law is not Christian.  Christ showed us that Christianity is about
avoiding judgment of others and loving people no matter what law they
may or may not follow.  Do not condemn people for their sexuality.  Do
not condemn people for how they practice marriage.  Stop yapping about
God's law and get out there and interact with people on a personal level.

> Who is Fred Phelps?

He's a hard-liner just like you:

   http://www.godhatesfags.com/
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

They _also_ claim to love the sinner, hate the sin. They don't hate gay
people, they arrogantly claim that God hates them.  Just like you.  They
proclaim God's law and enlighten sinners everywhere about what God
thinks and wants, just like you tell us what God thinks and wants.

In fact, I strongly suggest you join the Westboro Baptist Church.  You'd
fit right in with your anti-Christ messages.

> I can to some extent
> influence the laws of man though and I will, as much as
> possible, keep them compatible with God's law.

_How_ will you influence the laws of this country?  If you do it in a
democratic way, then you're supporting our government.  If you do it in
a religious way, then you're supporting a theocracy.

> A line has to be drawn when it comes to marriage.

You are so arrogant that you've appointed yourself the interpreter of
God's law.  You have no idea what God wants or thinks.  The sooner you
admit your ignorance, the sooner you will stop helping the anti-Christ
and start helping the actual Christ.

--
glen e. p. ropella, http://ropella.name/~gepr