[PLUG-TALK] What is marriage?

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Jan 1 10:52:38 UTC 2009

Very long and very abusive of the old testament.  The old
testament does NOT condone polygamy and it does NOT condone
polyandry.  Divorce was allowed by Moses because of the
hardness of people's hearts.  It was allow divorce in
contradiction to God's law or watch men kill their wives.
If you take children out of the definition of marriage,
marriage is meaningless.  Marriage by definition deals with
children.

As far as the let lesbian and gay couples have children argument,
this is impossible without: breaking the natural law, having them
fool around with opposite gender outsiders, or having them adopt.
I am against all of the above for same sex couples.

Children deserve a parental model of each gender.  Gay and
lesbian couples cannot provide that, period.  Unless it is
the only option, it is wrong for homosexual couples to
raise children.

Another thing children deserve is to live with their biological
parents.  This means that sperm and egg banks are unacceptable
because of the likelihood that a particular egg or sperm will
not be connected with the correct donor.

To save people time, I am not posting what Keith said.

I'm glad that a same sex couple claiming to be a married couple
was driven off to Canada.  Good riddance.  Same sex couples who
claim to be married couples lack respect for children and for
God.  God created marriage as a sacrament for 1 man and 1 woman
only.  Be thankful that He cares about his creation and
is merciful enough to not wipe it out for ignoring His just
laws.

Read the bible more carefully without a liberal I can
interpret God's law and history any way I want to
attitude Keith.

http://www.usccb.org/laity/manandwoman.shtml

"It was also said, 'Whoever divorces his wife must give her
a bill of divorce.'  But I say to you, whoever divorces his
wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) causes her to commit
adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits
adultery."  ( NAB, Matthew 5:31-32 )

"The Pharisees approached and asked, "Is it lawful for a husband
to divorce his wife?"  They were testing him.  He said to them in
reply, "What did Moses command you?"  They replied, "Moses
permitted him to write a bill of divorce and dismiss her."
But Jesus told them, "Because of the hardness of your hearts
he wrote you this commandment.  But from the beginning of
creation, 'God made them male and female.  For this reason
a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his
wife, and the two shall become one flesh.  So they are no
longer two but one flesh.  Therefore, what God has joined
together, no human being must separate."  In the house the
disciples again questioned Him about this.  He said to them,
"Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery
against her; and if she divorces and marries another, she commits
adultery."  ( NAB, Mark 10:2-12 )

"The man gave names to all the cattle, all the birds of the air,
and all the wild animals; but none proved to be the suitable
partner for the man.
        So the Lord God cast a deep sleep on the man, and
while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed
up it's place with flesh.  The Lord God then built up into
a woman the rib that he had taken from the man.  When he
brought her to the man, the man said:

        This one, at last, is bone of
                my bones
        and flesh of my flesh:
        This one shall be called 'woman,'
        for out of 'her man' this one has
        been taken."

"That is why a man leaves his father and mother
and clings to his wife, and the two of them
become one body." ( NAB, Genesis 2:21-24 )

"So they are no longer two, but one flesh.  Therefore, what
God has joined together no human being must separate."
( NAB Matthew 19: 6 )

"For the price of a loose woman may be scarcely a loaf of
bread, But if she is married, she is a trap for your
precious life.  Can a man take fire to his bosom, and his
garments not be burned?  Or can a man walk on live coals,
and his feet not be scorched?  So with him who goes in to
his neighbor's wife-none who touches her shall go
unpunished." ( NAB Proverbs 6: 26-29 )

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/divorce_remarriage.html

http://catholicism.about.com/b/2008/11/10/will-the-church-change-her-teaching-on-marriage.htm

http://americansfortruth.com/issues/catholic-pro-family

http://www.jbs.org/index.php/jbs-news-feed/1772-canadian-catholic-priest-opposes-same-sex-marriage-faces-possible-prosecution

http://www.ou.org/public_affairs/article/joint_jewish_catholic_statement_on_marriage

http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/bible_gay_sex_homosexual.htm

"...You shall not approach a woman to have intercourse with her while
she is unclean from menstruation.  You shall not have carnal relations
with your neighbor's wife, defiling yourself with her.  You shall not
offer any of your offspring to be immolated to Molech, thus profaning
the name of your God.  I am the Lord.  You shall not lie with a male
as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination. You shall not have
carnal relations with an animal, defiling yourself with it, nor shall a
woman set herself in front of an animal to mate with it; such things
are abhorrent..."  ( NAB, Leviticus 18: 19-23 )

Look at the links if you want to argue that the old testament where it
opposes same sex sexual relations is superseded, it is not.  Fulfill
the law given to the Jews does not mean replace it.  The bible is
against same sex marriage.  The Koran probably is as well.