[PLUG-TALK] What is Marriage?

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Jan 1 22:08:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 13:06 -0800, Gregory Salter wrote:

> Read the bible more carefully without a liberal I can
> interpret God's law and history any way I want to
> attitude Keith.
>

>     But I *AM* a Liberal. and a Christian. and fully against you. You
> are giving Christianity a bad name. You are displaying what we have
> come to call "Witless Witnessing". You are turning away more than you
> are attracting with your rants. You are neither being sneaky as a
> snake nor as harmless as a dove.
>
> God loves everyone of us, and wants all of us to come to him. that
> does not mean Everybody Except the homosexuals, (to which you have
> said good riddance)
> or everybody except the group that has miffed you recently. but
> everybody. Every. Body. What part of not wanting ANY to perish do you
> not understand?

You are NOT a Christian.  Christ clearly does not condone homosexual
activity.  I said good riddance to homosexuals who claim to be married,
I didn't say good riddance to all homosexuals.  Read Leviticus closely
before claiming to be a Christian while at the same time claiming
to support those who engage in homosexual behavior.

The bible isn't the only source of material that argues with the
idea that homosexual activity should be permissible.  There is
evidence, scientific evidence, that homosexual behavior puts the
people involved at greater risk of contracting disease than those
who don't engage in homosexual activities.

I stand by my good riddance comment.  It doesn't make me a homophobe
nor does it scare away people who are serious about being Christians.

Being Christian, following Christ, means that you accept His teachings
on how to behave sexually and on what marriage is.  Marriage is defined
in genesis as being between 1 man and 1 woman.  Homosexual activity is
banned in Leviticus.

The bible is clearly against homosexual behavior, why are you ignoring
it?