[PLUG-TALK] Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Fri Jan 2 06:47:58 UTC 2009

Folks,

The inconsistencies in what Mr. Robinson has been saying are
breathtaking. Dare I say the "H" word?

(Some cooler heads suggested a few days ago that I avoid this
discussion. But those people have since joined the discussion. Perhaps
this is still a Kobyashi Maru scenario, but sometimes the MAD doctrine
requires that we go once more into the breach, dear friends.)

Inconsistent position #1 -

This all started with a complaint about how Mr. Robinson does not want
to be subject to porn on the Internet. So he's looking for censorship.
But hey, as others have noted, there are filters available which can
keep porn away from his eyes.

He then proceeded to castigate others who complained about his
statements here on plug-talk, a subset of the Internet, as he says that
anything goes here. He further complained was that others were trying to
censor him.

So he supports censorship (to avoid averting his eyes), but is against
censorship (when others just want to find a way to avert their eyes).
And hey, there were followups - which lead to

Inconsistent position #2 -

When he received complaints about his opinions, he had his disapproving
statements suggesting that others were not being polite to him. But hey,
if anything goes here on plug-talk, then he has sown what he reaps. But
at first, it was hard not to feel a little sympathy for him, being one
person against many.

But then, the responses slowed down. Incredibly, IMO, he asked for more.
I then came to the conclusion that he was just a troll who was being
starved. A troll wants the attention, so it makes sense that he was
asking for more abuse - even though he says that he disapproves of such
abuse.

Inconsistent position #3 -

He also speaks out against gay marriage. I suggested that he was being
hateful. In this message,
http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug-talk/2008-December/004788.html
he appeared to acknowledge his hate.

And that was consistent with his list of hateful anti-gay links,
entitled: "Homosexuality marriage is an absurdity..."

But then he said that he does not hate gay people. A little searching
reveals a similar discussion (on this list) from '04 where he says he
even has friends who are gay. (It is still a joke in my mind when people
justify their hate by saying that "I have friends" from the noted
group.)

And then he has just said "good riddance" to a married lesbian couple
with children.

I wonder how many would believe him if he substituted (ethnic group of
your choice) for gays? He would deprive gays of fundamental rights, he's
glad when they run away, yet he says he likes gays.

Inconsistent position #4 -

He justifies his positions on gay marriage with religion. Yet, he does
not recognize those gay marriages which have been sanctioned by various
Churches, such as the UU, MCC, and UCC. So he supports religion when it
coincides with his beliefs, but opposes religion otherwise.

(Disclaimer, my understanding is that marriage is a civil contract.
While religions are free to bless such contracts, such blessings do not
make the marriage contract a religious matter in law or fact. As we do
not live in a theocracy, the religious arguments being made are
irrelevant.)

Inconsistent position #5 -

He states that because marriage is an important part of various
religions, it is a religious matter. Yet he supports state efforts to
keep gay couples from getting married.

If he were consistent, he would be saying that gays should not be
allowed to marry within his Church, nothing more. He would not be
attempting to shove his religious beliefs down our collective throats.

(Potential) Inconsistent position #5 -

Well, this one is developing. He has stated that marriage between people
who have no intent of having a child is not valid.

So Mr. Robinson hates couples in such relationships. Two others here
have come out stating that they cannot or have no intent to have
children. My marriage is such as well, as we never intend to have
children. I suppose that he also believes that I am not widowed, as my
previous 7-year relationship ended when my dearly departed Nancy died in
'02.

If he is consistent, then he hates those of us who have come out as
such. Perhaps he is "only" first going after the gays. Other oppressors
also try to divide and conquer.

And they persist in the inconsistency by saying that they love us, even
though they condemn us.

(Potential) Inconsistent position #6 -

Mr. Robinson has said that President-elect Obama has blood on his hands
because he has declared that he wants Bin Laden killed. His declaration
is at best premature (it's not possible to have blood on ones hands
before applying a weapon to someone).

However, I sympathize with the sentiment behind it, and believe that a
public trial would do more to expose and defeat terrorism. I therefore
am also disappointed that Obama would take such a conservative political
position.

If Mr. Robinson would equally castigate President Bush for also wanting
to kill Bin Laden - and for killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis,
then I would be wrong in this particular case. Given his other political
opinions, I doubt he will do so.

OTOH, he has been inconsistent before, so who knows? Perhaps he will
choose to be inconsistent in his politics to be consistent with his
belief that Bin Laden should not be killed.

- anyone else catch additional inconsistencies?

btw, I fully expect Mr. Robinson to continue to be mad about this.
Perhaps his one against many crusade makes him feel like a martyr, like
the belief that Christ was a martyr. But if he were really a
Christian . . .

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Mike