[PLUG-TALK] Goodbye PLUG-Talk

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Jan 2 17:19:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

>> I don't want his garbage taking space on my box, and its just not
>> worth sticking around.
>>
>> So I'm calling it quits.
>>
>> -Mark Turner
>
> I just have a filter which works quite well.  If we all did that the
> hate would go directly to the bit bucket.  Is anything said if
> nobody hears it?

My e-mail client, Alpine 2.00, makes it very easy to group and delete
messages by thread. I read perhaps three or four lines of one message
in the threads that have annoyed Mark, just to assure myself that
those threads are as dreadful as their Subject headers make them out
to be. Then I deleted them.

Some conversations can be rescued only with huge amounts of kindness,
trust, and skill -- from everyone involved -- and I (perhaps too
cynically) don't expect that to happen in these threads. Like Denis, I
just consign them to /dev/null, and save my energy for more useful
pursuits.

Proverbs 14:7: Stay away from a foolish man, for you will not find
knowledge on his lips.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com