[PLUG-TALK] What is Marriage? - biblicat justifications

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Jan 3 05:42:34 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Someone" == Someone  <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> writes:

Someone> I have clearly demonstrated by the links I have posted that
Someone> "homosexual marriage" threatens freedom of religion.

This point should be made, so I'll try to do it succinctly:

You can have whatever kind of religion you want.  What you *cannot* do
is impose that religion on other people.  If you want to have a
theocracy, move to afghanistan and join the taliban or something.
Then you can stone people to death if you don't agree with them, and
they you (apologies to the taliban for maligning them unfairly).

The only marriage the state cares about is civil marriage.  Religious
marriage is the domain of whatever arbitrary crackpot
mythology/orthodoxy you want to dream up.  Since all that the state
controls is civil marriage and the *legal* things that flow from that
institution, it is not bound by your or anyone elses arbitrary
crackpot mythology/orthodoxy.

p.s.: i take back my crack about obama's health plan getting you your
medication.  I looked it up.  There is no pill for your problem.

seniorr at aracnet.com