[PLUG-TALK] HIV/AIDS

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Jan 3 09:29:08 UTC 2009

http://theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/PnSx/HSx/HsxDdly.htm

I didn't choose the above link for necessarily being 100% correct,
but I think it's worth a look.

I'm against condom use, they fail and I think their use is a selfish
act.  Still, how likely is an HIV positive homosexual to engage
in unprotected sex compared to an HIV positive heterosexual?  If
an HIV positive homosexual has multiple partners, which may not
be so uncommon, HIV could spread like wildfire.  Now then, how
about bisexuals for a moment.  Bisexuals engage in heterosexual
sex as well potentially creating a bridge for HIV.  Imagine you
are married and in a heterosexual relationship with someone
only to find out that they are bisexual and have contracted
HIV from one of their same sex partners.  If HIV/AIDS comes
from the gay community, bisexuals could be the bridge
that brought it to women.  Granted, HIV can be spread by bad
blood transfusions as well.  I think sexual contact is more
common than blood transfusions though.

If homosexuals are more likely to be promiscuous than
heterosexuals because homosexual sex is not fulfilling,
that's more sexual contact and more chances for an STD
to spread.  I posit that homosexual sex is inherently
dangerous if it promotes risky sexual behaviors.  Well
does it?  Do homosexuals take more risks than
heterosexuals?

AIDS is an incurable disease and we are probably no closer to
a cure today than we were in 1980, practically speaking.  One
way to stop AIDS is to control the spread of HIV.  Keep the
blood banks clean and make both homosexual sex and group sex
illegal and enforce the law.  Go after promiscuous
heterosexuals as well considering that HIV/AIDS doesn't
care what kind of sexual contact is involved.  If the people
who have HIV/AIDS refrain from blood and sexual contact with
the healthy population, AIDS will die out when they die.  I
think a change in behavior worldwide could stop AIDS faster
than any retro viral drugs, though drugs are part of the
solution as well.  Anything to keep HIV/AIDS patients
comfortable and prevent the spread of this disease, well
almost anything, is welcome.

AIDS isn't the only STD the world needs to worry about, it's
just one of the scariest.

I think studying HIV/AIDS one can make a case against risky
sexual behavior and if homosexuals are more likely to engage
in risky sexual behavior than heterosexuals, one can make a
case for opposing homosexual activity, on public health
grounds.