[PLUG-TALK] Robinson's anti-GLBT Racism

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Sat Jan 3 08:35:25 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 21:03 -0800, Someone wrote:
> The American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric
> Association say that change is not possible—if you’re homosexual, don’t
> attempt to develop your heterosexual potential. It’s just not going to
> work.

Over the past few hours (since just before 2pm yesterday), Mr. Robinson
(or his alter-ego, "Someone") has posted 28 messages. The rest of us
have posted 12. I suspect the bit ratio is even more overwhelming.

Even if they were just links that Mr. Robinson is trying to spray at us
like a wild firehose, it suggests that he collects keeps said links in
his barn, just to throw at rational people like us.

One of the risks associated with the core dump that Mr. Robinson has
done is that he'll include snippets like the one above. Yes, he'll say
that it's been refuted by his biased organization. But there it is,
posted by Mr. Robinson himself.

In addition, there was this bit of his from

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 13:59 -0800, Someone wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 23:34 -0800, Mark Turner wrote:
> > Just like I wouldn't hang around anyone spending their time being
> > racists, bigots or hateful assholes. I can't spend anymore time on
> > this list with the likes of Michael Robinson around.
snip
> I'm not racist. I am very glad that African Americans don't
> have to sit in the back of the bus anymore. Segregation was
> wrong. Opposing homosexual "BEHAVIOR" is very different from
> being a racist. "BEHAVIOR" is a choice, skin color is not.
> The bible is quite clear on homosexual "BEHAVIOR" being wrong.
> The loving thing to do is to admonish the sinner, not promote
> the sin. What I am "spouting" is not hate. I said good
> riddance to the people Keith talked about because of their
> "BEHAVIOR." Marriage is well defined, it does not include
> homosexual couples

Whenever a religious - whatchamacallit (it's also known as something
with appendages that can be tightened on a bolt by hand) goes into this
type of spew - well, time to address him directly -

********

Mr. Robinson, I won't even go into the condescending connotations of the
comparisons you've made - between your view of homosexuals and African
Americans. To quote:

> I'm not racist. I am very glad that African Americans don't
> have to sit in the back of the bus anymore. Segregation was
> wrong. Opposing homosexual "BEHAVIOR" is very different from
> being a racist.

>'"BEHAVIOR" is a choice, skin color is not.'

It sounds like you're saying that you'd be racist if African Americans
could change their skin pigmentation.

Furthermore, you suggest that GLBT Americans are such because of their
behavior. Yet in the article you cite, you admit that pre-eminent
psychological authorities say that "change is not possible". In either
case, my understanding is that it's in the genes.

I therefore suggest to you that your bias against homosexuals is simply
racism against the GLBT community.

*******

At some point, if there's time, I'd add this to the previous list of his
inconsistencies in my "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood" post.

Thanks,
Mike