[PLUG-TALK] Help for homosexuals, courage online...

Someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Jan 3 14:14:18 PST 2009

MEMBERS of Courage, the Catholic ministry of support to
homosexual-oriented men and women who seek to lead chaste lives, have
begun to form an online version of a local Courage chapter via e-mail
and the Internet. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time
such a group has sought to form primarily through electronic
communication.

Much as a local Courage chapter, the online version will aim to keep
small the number of people in individual groups. This will better enable
support and friendships to form. Other features will include general
anonymity (except to the moderator), a chaplain participating, and a
commitment to prayer and to spiritual growth.

As is the case with local Courage chapters, members do not have to be
Catholic. All that is required is a willingness to seek a chaste life in
accord with the Catholic Church's teachings on homosexuality.

The goal of Courage Online is not to supplant or interfere with anyone's
participating in a local, face-to-face Courage group, but to support
those homosexuals who may be geographically remote from a local chapter
or who, because of denominational or other uncertainty, may feel
unprepared to participate face to face.

Courage was established with these goals:

To live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church's
teaching on homosexuality.

To dedicate our entire lives to Christ through service to others,
spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction,
frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the
sacraments of penance and the Holy Eucharist.

To foster a spirit of fellowship in which we may share with one another
our thoughts and experiences and so ensure that none of us will have to
face the problems of homosexuality alone.

To be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only
possible, but necessary to celibate Christian life and to encourage one
another in forming and sustaining them.

To live lives that may serve as good examples to other
homosexually-oriented people. Anyone interested in participating
sincerely in this ministry is invited to send e-mail to me. My address
at American Online is dcmorrison, and on the Internet it is
dcmorrison at aol.com. Each correspondent's identity will be kept
confidential.