[PLUG-TALK] Sexual selfishness...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Jan 4 02:47:37 UTC 2009

Let me get this straight.  You're writing a prescription that says the
only valid sex is sex to explicitly get pregnant in wedlock and hence
all other forms of sex are inherently wrong?  So then, if/when you get
married, will you two be able to have sex without the goal of pregnancy?
Eg., if she's not already pregnant or doesn't want to get pregnant would
you be able to have sex?  I think I'd rather admit to being a sinner,
use birth control and repent later.  Say, 2 or 3 times a week.

If I ever get married, which I may not, sex is a private matter that
is between: me, my wife, and God.  We will pray and ask God what he
wants.  Sometimes, we will avoid the times when she is most likely
to be fertile by monitoring her cycle, but we will not be selfish.
If we feel we cannot support another child and she gets pregnant,
that's a blessing and a gift from God.  Telling God no is wrong.
Telling God I don't think I can support another child right now,
so I am going to avoid the fertility window is proper.  Pregnancy
isn't automatic, especially in this high stress world we live in
today.  If a woman works too hard, she becomes infertile.  If she
contracts cancer, she can become infertile.  Every conception
is a miracle and a blessing.  If you aren't willing to get a women
pregnant, you have no business having sex with her whether you are
married to her or not.  Telling God I'll take the pleasure but
you cannot create a new life from it is wrong and irresponsible.
A women wants a commitment from a man, she wants him to stay with
her and gasp love her for the rest of her life.  By love I don't
mean make her feel a certain way.  I'm talking about caring about
her and for her completely.  I will never ask a woman to use artificial
birth control of any kind.  Using artificial birth control is telling
God that you don't trust His control.  Self control is a way to
actively demonstrate your love for someone.  With ABC, there is
no self control.