[PLUG-TALK] Visiting from Tacoma

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Mon Jan 5 14:42:37 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 16:14 -0800, Michael Robinson wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 14:14 -0800, andrew at becherer.org wrote:
> > I want to thank everybody who sent suggestions and well wishes. My
> > fiancée and I have had a great time in Portland and we plan on
> > returning. We had a night out on the town last night starting with
> > dinner and drinks at the Urban Farmer followed by drinks and pub games
> > at Mcmenamins Ringlers pub. Our train is delayed a two hours so it looks
> > like we get to enjoy one more meal in Portland.
> >
> > Several people on the list expressed concern about Michael Robinson's
> > comments. His comments did not concern me and I most certainly did not
> > consider them to be representative of plug-talk, much less Portland. I
> > had not actually seen Michael's email until other members of the list
> > had sent apologies and well wishes. After Michael's "spamish" onslaught
> > of December 27th through January 2nd I started sending his emails to the
> > bit bucket.
> >
> I've lived near Portland for 23+ years.  I have been using Linux for
> over 10 years.  I am most certainly representative of the Linux users
> in the greater Portland Metropolitan area.

When I lived near the Hampton Roads metro area, I became good friends
with a number of followers of the Reverend Pat Robertson. Your views
wouldn't even be representative of the people there.

> My comments are perfectly
> legitimate, you don't see me shacking up with a fiancee.

You've said that you've never been married. So what do you know of that
institution besides what you've read?

>   If it is
> appropriate to promote inappropriate sexual activity on plug-talk it
> is appropriate to discourage it as well.

I saw no such promotion in Andrew's message. And your follow up to
Andrew was to attack his fiancee for her culinary choices. Based on your
biblical citation, it sounds like you're saying that people who do not
eat meat cannot be Christians.

It's quite a followup to your attack on the legitimacy of marriage
between people who choose to remain childless.

Thanks (to everyone else),
Mike