[PLUG-TALK] Visiting from Tacoma

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Jan 5 13:51:11 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 13:30 -0800, glen e. p. ropella wrote:
> Thus spake Michael Robinson circa 05/01/09 12:42 PM:
> > I've shacked up with someone before, I know that it doesn't work.
>
> All you know is that _you_ are incompetent at "shacking up", not that it
> doesn't work, in general.

I shacked up with a woman for three years, she moved away and left me
for another man.  She decided she didn't need me because she in
incapable of having children and I can't support her financially.
If you ask me, she did not and does not love me.  The memories of
her aren't enough to erase the anger I feel.  I know what shacking
up is, I did it perfectly well, and I never want to do it again.
If anything, I am ashamed of myself for having done it.

> > I've never seen God face to face, but I still believe in him.  Just
> > because I haven't been married, that doesn't preclude me from having
> > beliefs and standards concerning marriage.
>
> True.  You can have opinions about all sorts of things, including things
> about which you are profoundly ignorant.  But when your ignorance is
> exposed, be an adult and admit it.

> You have no tacit understanding of what marriage is, nor what it is
> about.  When/if you are married for some significant time, return to us
> and perhaps we'll listen to your opinions then.  Until then, you have no
> credibility and only the extremely gullible will listen to you.
> (Hopefully, the myriad responses to your inanity on this list will help
> prevent anyone here from being so gullible.)

My siblings, five of them, are married.  I understand from looking at
their marriages what marriage is about thank you very much.

> As an aside, I think the fact that you're not married and that you
> believe having sex outside of marriage is wrong, explains your e-mails
> to this list.

Promiscuity has been criticized by David Mandel.  Catholic teaching is
opposed to promiscuity and millions of Catholics follow that teaching
both in and out of marriage.

> You just don't have sex enough!  Christ, Michael, if you'd get laid once
> in awhile, you might be a nicer person.

That is your answer to everything Glen, that a guy needs to have sex to
be nice?  I don't want to be an object of some woman's desire if she:
doesn't care about me, doesn't want to have children with me, or doesn't
want to stay with me, period.  I'm not an orgasm toy, I'm a man and
because of that a person thank you very much.