[PLUG-TALK] Visiting from Tacoma

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Jan 5 22:26:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 14:05 -0800, glen e. p. ropella wrote:
> Thus spake Michael Robinson circa 05/01/09 01:51 PM:
> > That is your answer to everything Glen, that a guy needs to have sex to
> > be nice?
>
> No, not everything.  But it helps.  Sex releases chemicals that make a
> person happier, as does exercise and eating the right foods.  Prayer and
> meditation also produce such chemicals.  My guess is that a person who
> engages in all of those happiness inducing activities is happier than
> one who only engages in a subset of them.  Hence, if you had sex more
> often, you'd probably be a happier person.  And happy people are, in my
> experience, nicer than unhappy people.
>
> You're not a nice person at all, from what I can tell.  Hence, my guess
> is that you don't do all of the above.  And I suspect that if you do any
> of them, you must be doing them wrong to be so unhappy.

You are so misguided.  Sex releases chemicals all right, chemicals that
bond you to the person you are having sex with (heterosexual sex mind
you).  So if the person you are having sex with leaves you, that doesn't
make you happy.  It is hard to break a sexual bond, very hard.  If a
person is left by one sex partner after another, their ability to bond
is impaired and the net effect does not make them happier.  It's like
sticking tape on your skin and pulling it off over and over and over
again.  Eventually, the tape won't stick anymore.  The tape is a
metaphor for one's ability to bond sexually.  The human mind is made
for one sex partner for life.  You can't "get some" from just anybody
and be happy.  Use and abuse is just that, use and abuse.