[PLUG-TALK] Racism

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Jan 5 21:11:55 PST 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

People persist in calling me racist, but I am not.  I've had posters try
to pin me with racism against African Americans, never mind that I have
made friends with African Americans in my life and that I've treated
them as equals.

Nowhere in the wikipedia definition and discussion do I see homosexuals
defined as a race.

There was the ridiculous comment that I'd be racist if a black man or
woman could change his/her skin color to white.  First off, why would
I be racist against my own skin color?  Second off, if I were racist,
wouldn't I see a black man or woman turning white as an improvement?
I wouldn't see that as an improvement, just as an unusual change.

Perhaps my expressed dislike for Obama set people off.  My dislike
for him has nothing to do with his skin color, I don't like Biden
either and he's white.

Homosexuals are a group of people but not a race of people nor an
ethnic group.  Homosexuality exists across all races and ethnic groups,
though the number of homosexuals overall is small.  Therefor,
disapproving of homosexual behavior does not target any one race or
ethnic group and is not by definition racism.

Now then, I noticed a link to a definition of homophobia which people
have also been accusing me of.

"The National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality, an
organization affiliated with the ex-gay movement, describes the term
homophobia as being "often used inaccurately to describe any person who
objects to homosexual behavior on either moral, psychological or medical
grounds." They claim that, "Technically, however, the terms actually
denotes a person who has a phobia — or irrational fear — of
homosexuality. Principled disagreement, therefore, cannot be labeled
'homophobia.'"[15]

"6. On the Meaning of Tolerance and Diversity
Tolerance and diversity means nothing if it is extended to activists and
not traditionalists on the homosexual issue.

Tolerance must also be extended to those people who take the principled,
scientifically supportable view that homosexuality works against our
human nature." (From:http://www.narth.com/menus/positionstatements.html)

Look what NARTH has to say about same sex parenting:
http://www.narth.com/docs/gendercomplementarity.html

And this is a piece on the stifling of dissent:
http://www.narth.com/docs/wardle.html

And a piece on adolescent homosexuality:
http://www.narth.com/docs/breiner2.html