[PLUG-TALK] Alan Turing is an isolated tragedy...

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 23:27:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Michael Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com>wrote:

> Using Alan Turing dying from treatment as an argument that
> homosexuality shouldn't be cured ignores the fact that treatment
> methods have changed because of what happened to him.  I am not
> glad that Alan Turing died.
>
> As far as the argument that I demand homosexuals get cured.  Obviously,
> the cure rate is not 100%.  I recommend that those who can be cured
> get cured and for the rest I recommend medical and other help so that
> they can live a chaste lifestyle despite their homosexual urges.
>
> Just because I have heterosexual urges, does that give me the right
> to have/force sex with/on any woman I happen to come across?  No.
> Having homosexual urges doesn't give someone the right to have sex
> either, these are just urges.

I just want to point out that this argument implies that gay sex is
equivalent to rape.

>  That heterosexuals may have an easier
> time than homosexuals controlling their urges could be one reason why
> homosexuality is detrimental to society as a whole.

I'm lost.  How did you arrive at this conclusion?

>  Promiscuity
> numbers wise is a bigger problem in the heterosexual community
> because there are far more heterosexuals than homosexuals.  Still,
> I hear that promiscuity is a huge problem in the homosexual world.

I've heard that in the Catholic world bees are a huge problem.  See I can
start rumors too.

> Well, I looked for this nebulous document Gay Right and Political
> Correctness: A brief history and couldn't find it.  I question whether
> or not it exists.  I think this supposed talk and the content is
> made up.

If you would have clicked on the wikipedia link I provided you'd see this
link for the aforementioned talk:
http://www.splcenter.org/images/dynamic/intel/SchoenwolfEssay.pdf

> http://www.narth.com/docs/dallas.html
>
> The latter is a little something on responding to pro-hay theology.

Oh dear, could this talk of homosexuality really just be a misunderstanding
about dead grass?

Jason