[PLUG-TALK] Alan Turing is an isolated tragedy...

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 04:12:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Michael Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 19:28 -0800, Jason Dagit wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Michael Robinson
> > <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> >
> >         >

> http://www.splcenter.org/images/dynamic/intel/SchoenwolfEssay.pdf
> >

> >         Ahem, why should I trust this link?  It isn't from Narth.
> >         What is the reputation of this site?  If Dr so and so is
> >         going to be accused of being racist, the least you can
> >         do is use a reputable source to make claims about what
> >         he said or did not say for that matter.
> >
> > Right of course.  Since NARTH hasn't publicly refuted comments in that
> > pdf we can safely ignore it as a hoax by someone who is trying to
> > besmirch NARTH's good name.  Then again, you pointed out this link
> > before:
> > http://www.narth.com/docs/amok.html
> >
> > And the article appears in the Internet Archive as well:
> > http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.narth.com/docs/schoenewolf2.html
> >
> > And finally, why should you trust Narth?
> >
> > Jason

> The link I gave was to something else, not the good doctors alleged
> paper.

Sigh.  The "amok" link you gave was a press release by NARTH that refutes
what people have said about Gerald's essay.  I then provided you with links
to Gerald's essay.  The most recent link I provided to it uses the Internet
Archive to demonstrate that the essay did, indeed, live at the NARTH
website.

>  Why should I trust Narth?  I trust Narth because it is correct
> about homosexuality and the history of civil rights, radical feminism,
> and radical gay activism.  Everything I have read that Narth puts out
> is correct.  Narth is made up of doctors that want to serve homosexuals
> who are interested in shedding their same sex attraction.  It would be
> discriminatory to say to somebody, "you're homosexual, go be homosexual
> and don't ask for treatment again."  No homosexual has to engage in
> homosexual sex.  No homosexual has to stay homosexual that can be cured.
> Homosexuals have a right to oppose homosexual sex and some do.

Narth has an agenda.  Whenever an individual or organization has an agenda
it is wise to consider their actions and arguments critically.

Respecting people means that you encourage them to do what is good for
> them and homosexual sex isn't good for anyone.

I know people who would say that homosexual sex is very good for them.  Your
experience(s) with it may not be representative.

Jason