[PLUG-TALK] Racism

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Wed Jan 7 07:41:35 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 15:30 -0800, Jason Dagit wrote:

> Thanks Glen.  I too feel that Mr. Robinson has been starting new
> threads to reiterate points instead of responding directly to
> criticisms.  I find that frustrating.
>
> Jason

Folks,

I wouldn't worry too much about it. He's revealing his hand w/r/t what
would be next on the agenda of his type if the gay marriage ban isn't
overturned.

The next steps for radicals like him would be to go after:
1) Marriages of those of us who are intentionally childless
2) Vegans
3) People who live together before marriage (perhaps they'll propose a
ban on unrelated people who buy or rent property together).

Yeah, its a strange sounding agenda, but there's a lot which is strange
about people like him. The more he digresses, the more he reveals about
the breadth of the agenda of the religious wrong.

In any case, most of his argument is irrelevant w/r/t public policy, as
the USA is not a theocracy. Last I checked, the only nations with even
semi-official theocratic elements are Israel, Iran, and Ireland. There
are a few others with vestigial theocratic bits.

Due to this thread, I am quite a bit more likely to join with GLBT
activism to overturn the Oregon marriage amendment.

If you are as offended by his opinions as I am, please consider signing
up at
http://freedomtomarry.org/get_involved/freedom_to_marry_week_2009.php .

Thanks (to everyone else),
Mike

(ps, with all the time he's invested in this thread - he still hasn't
responded to my comments in my "Mr. Robinson's neighborhood" message.)