[PLUG-TALK] The homosexuality discussion is pointless now...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Jan 8 07:22:41 UTC 2009

I have put up very compelling information.  I realize
though that it doesn't matter what I say and perhaps
I have tended toward some sweeping generalizations
because I'm tired of fighting a losing battle on
here.  These break down tactics aren't changing my
mind, the reasoning behind my positions is
solid even if I can't articulate it well.  Maybe I'm
giving radical homosexuals someone to fight with and
maybe I'm inadvertently making them feel legitimate
living as they are with a same sex partner.  Maybe,
just maybe, someone on here is in prison right now
and getting his/her jollies out of keeping me going.

I respectfully disagree that we can't say with any
certainty whether or not homosexuality is genetic.
It isn't.  I believe there is genetic expression
of certain genes that may contribute to a homosexual
orientation given the right environment, but that's
all I believe about the genes side of this issue.

I respectfully disagree that there is any individual
who lacks a dominant gender.  There is a landmark
case of a man who was raised as a girl only to commit
suicide later.  It was believed he could be dressed
in girl's clothes and surgically altered to look
like a girl and it was believed that that would work.
It did not work.  He suffered severe depression
because he knew he was a man where everyone around
him wanted him to be a girl.  I do not believe
for a second that anyone can mentally become a woman
if they are a man or vice versa.  I have a hard time
believing that anyone is both a man and a woman
mentally, a very hard time.

A theocracy by the way would mandate that everyone
join the religion it is based on.  Opposition to
homosexual sex alone is NOT a religion.  I have
never recommended that America become a theocratic
state.

This list is strongly biased, I can't let it warp
my view of the world.  I could be in the majority,
but the majority probably won't ever speak.  If
I'm simply hardening the people who disagree with
 me, I am acting irresponsibly.

I'm still for a ban on IVF because it isn't fair
for a child to not be connected with his/her
biological parents if at all possible.

I'm still for sweeping legislation to clean up
porn on the Net.  It is too accessible to people
who really shouldn't get into it.  I run a filter,
so I am less tempted to look at it and dwell on it.
Someone else has the password to the filter and
that is working well.  Seeing something that can
stir the hormones more than normal which is from
a person who is NOT committed to you is wrong.
That person could be a slave or that person
simply doesn't respect his/her body enough,
in my case her body, enough to keep her sexual
poses and acts private.  There isn't always a
filter and filters have to be bypassed,
because they are imperfect, which can create
moments of temptation.  I can't even
view all of my own plug-talk posts because of
my filter.  Children on an unfiltered computer
can get anything as far as porn goes the way the
Internet is now.  Law enforcement should and
could crack down on sites which display porn
that don't even attempt to detect who is
coming into them.  Viewers of porn can get
in trouble for having it on their computer,
why don't the people and organizations that
make that porn available in the first place
get in trouble?  Tell me with the challenge
to find the will power to not look at porn
that it isn't a drug and I'll know you are
out to lunch.

If people are going to call me a racist all day or
disrespectfully deny that I have pointed out some
non religious arguments, even if I haven't
articulated them well, this discussion is not good
for my health.  I hate to walk away, but I must.
I suppose I should have asked, what is your
definition of racism to blunt that, but I went
ahead and defined it myself instead.  My mistake.

Anyways, maybe I've missed an issue that I
covered.  Oh well, this is getting long.
I see there are probably four new bashings
of me.  Well, if I don't post again I guess
the bashers are out of luck.