[PLUG-TALK] Laptop without DVI or S-Video to TV

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Tue Jan 13 21:07:23 UTC 2009

Folks,

My wife has just ordered a MacBook, so her Gateway laptop (M520cs) is
about to be retired. I was thinking about setting it up as a PVR with
Mythbuntu, but realize that it doesn't have any sort of regular video
output (no S-Video, no DVI, etc) just a VGA connection. It also has a
PCMCIA slot, USB 2.0, as well as a 4pin FireWire connection.

>From what I've read, VGA to regular TV (we're not yet Digital) sucks.

Are there affordable options for PCMCIA or FireWire connections to TV?

Thanks,
Mike