[PLUG-TALK] Speech Recognition humor

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Jan 19 04:58:37 UTC 2009

My wife wants to use speech recognition for work, hopefully to
save big bucks on dictation transcription.  The best software
is reputedly Dragon Naturally Speaking, a Windoze app.  She will
be using the $$$$ professional version, but we decided to try
it out with the cheap ($80 at frys before $40 rebate) standard
version.  Dragon runs adequately in Windows 2000 under VMWare on
my 2GB/2GHz Linux laptop, though I am told it will perform better
with a "real time" kernel, compiled to maximize audio performance.

But Dragon isn't fully trained yet.  While she was watching me
demonstrate, I spoke:

    "My wife is the most beautiful woman in the
     world and I love her a whole lot"

Dragon interpreted this as:

    "My wife is the most beautiful woman in the
     world and I love her all holes locked"

I also love my wife's sense of humor!