[PLUG-TALK] TV Audio-Video Synchronization

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Jan 22 19:53:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Michael wrote:

> On a clarinet email list there's been discussion about the lack of
> audio/video sync.  They noticed while watching the inauguration.
>
> The following post has some well informed observations.
>
> My question to you - if you have "upgraded" from an analog to
> digital TV have you noticed a difference in the A/V sync?

I purchased a Spectre 32" 1080p television from costco.com last
summer. We don't have cable, so the only stations we get are local
broadcasters. We only watch the digital broadcasts.

Reception is sometimes spotty (using rabbit ears way down in Gladstone
pretty much guarantees that particular outcome), but I've never
noticed any A/V sync problems.