[PLUG-TALK] typing on bubble wrap

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 24 04:01:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:38:34 -0600 (CST)
Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> dijo:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
> > Me too, but I want a wireless-USB one. Can't find it. There are several
> > minis out there, but they are all wired. There are also lots of wireless
> > USB keyboards available, but they are all at least standard size and
> > most are huge because of all the special internet and video garbage keys
> > on them.
>
> The Apple bluetooth keyboard might be good for you (though you did
> specifically say wireless-USB and this ain't).   It's quite small and
> fairly clean.

Yeah, I don't want a bluetooth keyboard.

There is a problem with bluetooth keyboards: What happens if you need
to change something in the BIOS, or even the Grub boot menu? This is
not just a Linux issue; the same thing happens to Windows users. You
ain't got no bluetooth until you're almost completely booted.

I should also have added that Mac stuff is so not me. It just looks
ridiculous.