[PLUG-TALK] McNealy, Open Source, and President Obama

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Mon Jan 26 14:52:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 07:09 -0800, wes wrote:
> Is there someone who is always trusted by the open source community?
>
> This is not meant to imply that there is no one better for the job,
> but I respectfully submit that they could do much, much worse.

After reading some of the responses, I think I agree with Wes. After
all, it's likely that McNealy won't write the paper himself - he'd pass
the guts of the assignment along to someone else.

And Ian Murdock currently is the big open source guy for Sun (re.
OpenSolaris). If he gets a shot at this opportunity (assuming he retains
some Debian perspective), the output to Obama won't be half bad.

Thanks,
Mike