[PLUG-TALK] Using Magnavox LCD for Mac Mini display, everything looks too thin

Noj nojunkster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:50:51 UTC 2009

Dual booting newest mac mini into OSX 10.5 and WinXP. With Magnavox
LCD TV on DVI port (via HDMI cable), everything is about 10% too thin
on mac side, but perfectly fine on Windows, so I know it's physically
capable of looking right.

I've tried several settings for resolution, they all seem to have the
same 'extra thin' look.

I did notice there was an 'overscan' button on the mac preference
pane, I had to uncheck it to even see the menu bar.

I was hoping there was some low-level config file has (apparently
slightly wrong) info about what aspect ratio the TV pixels have that
was tweak-able.

Any ideas on a fix, or on a way to pursue further?

-Noj