[PLUG-TALK] Adding Data in Bulk to XML File

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 22 13:05:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Paul Mullen wrote:

> I don't know of any existing general-purpose tools, but... Assuming your
> source data is already in a text file, and that the TreeLine XML schema is
> well-documented, it shouldn't be hard to write a script that reads your
> input file and writes out compatible XML. You might not even need to
> bother with any fancy XML libraries if it's reasonaby straightforward.

Paul,

   That's what I was thinking would be the approach. What I don't now know is
if the time to write and debug the script would exceed the time to enter all
the new data one at a time. :-)

   However, ... since the application's written in python a look at the
source code will certainly give me some useful ideas.

Thanks,