[PLUG-TALK] Adding Data in Bulk to XML File

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Wed Jul 22 17:13:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 06:05:57AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> That's what I was thinking would be the approach. What I don't now know is
> if the time to write and debug the script would exceed the time to enter all
> the new data one at a time. :-)

Even when it doesn't save me any time, I usually consider the
programmatic approach to be a more valuable approach, if only for the
educational experience. Also, it's a lot more fun than tedious data
entry.

> However, ... since the application's written in python a look at the
> source code will certainly give me some useful ideas.

And you have plenty of experience with Python the past couple years. I
bet you could get something working in an couple of hours. Nothing to
it! :-)

--
Paul