[PLUG-TALK] New Hardware Horizon

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 27 16:53:57 UTC 2009

>From CNET:

"July 27, 2009 9:00 AM PDT
"Western Digital releases 1TB laptop hard drive
"by Dong Ngo

"The storage-capacity gap between laptop and desktop hard drives just shrank
significantly.

"Western Digital announced Monday two laptop drives that offer "extreme"
amounts of storage: the Scorpio Blue 1TB and the Scorpio Blue 750GB. Prior
to this announcement, the largest laptop hard drive available was 500GB."

   Now when corporate laptops are stolen even more personal data can be lost.

   While I'm sure there are needs for such storage on a portable machine, I
have difficulty identifying such need. Heck, I don't use most of my 80G
drive in my notebook, even with some music on there.