[PLUG-TALK] [Fwd: [TLUG]: CentOS Project Administrator Goes AWOL]

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jul 30 23:53:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:30:15AM -0700, Pete Lancashire wrote:
> Lance Davis, the main project administrator for CentOS, a popular free
> 'rebuild' of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux, appears to have gone AWOL. In

CentOS will be greatly missed as a rallying point for many volunteers.
Fortunately, the same role is performed quite well with Scientific
Linux and the group at FermiLabs that is paid to maintain it.

I'm not sure how S.L. would handle 100x more participants, but if the
CentOS maintenance community came along with them, it would be win-win.