[PLUG-TALK] Laptop Hardware Guru?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 26 23:51:54 UTC 2009

   I bought a replacement wireless radio (an Intel) for the Toshiba Satellite
since the Realtek isn't working well. While the small screw securing the
panel on the bottom yielded to moderate pressure on the screwdriver, the two
screws holding the radio card are much tigher. I press down on the
screwdriver but I don't want to either strip the screw heads or crack the
supporting board.

   Has anyone here experience with such hardware? I could probably drive it
all the way across town to Northwest Computer Support, but that's a really
long trip from here just to remove a couple of screws to replace a small
board.

   Yes, I know the folks at the clinic would be happy to break it for me, but
my intention is to replace this board without breaking anything.

   Hope you're all having a happy Thanksgiving, despite the rain.