[PLUG-TALK] Back Up Medium Change

Larry Williams larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Sat Nov 28 22:54:27 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
>    What suggestiions have you folks for this? Tape backups have worked for me
> since the mid-1980s so I have no issues with tape. Money is a serious
> consideration right now. If a replacement system costs me less than three
> SLR-60 tapes that would be the way I go.

I've been using a couple solutions for my personal system: I use
BackupPC to a dedicated USB drive, which I expect to replace in three
years.  But I also use an online service, 4shared.com.  Their mountable
webdav service give me 10 gigs free, so I just manually move those
things that I'd like to keep on a more permanent basis.  When I reach 4
gigs stored on 4shared I'll burn it to a couple DVDs (stored in two
different places, of course).

Now if I can just remember which two places I designated.

Larry