[PLUG-TALK] Using plug talk...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Oct 7 03:44:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 14:20 -0700, Larry Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 13:28, Michael Robinson <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
>
> > I assume that practically every single Democrat who comments on
> > plug-talk in response to me will behave the way I have specified and
> > your statement supports that.
>
> Assuming is to prejudge.

Your example makes that a minor issue.  To assume someone will act a
certain way is not prejudice if they do act that way and there is in
fact reason to believe, from past experience for example, that they
will act that way.

> > I am not prejudiced against blacks
>
> I didn't say that you were.  It was an analogy.  Racism just
> happens to be a nasty but of prejudgment.

Prejudgement is not racism nor is it prejudice unless there is no
reasonable basis for a judgement, it is in fact negative, and you
still seek to make a specific ethnic group aware of this judgement.
Judging by your behavior Larry, the charge that Democrats and
perhaps others as well use the word prejudice when faced with
an opinion they don't like is backed up by what you have said
on this list.  If prejudgement were racism, it would be wrong
to have a strong opinion about a person one way or another
that you can't back up with irrefutable evidence or past experiences
with them.  Street sense would suddenly be unacceptable as a reason
to hold a certain view about a person or group.  Anyone who looks a
person over and says I don't like what I see would be guilty of
racism.  The reality is, judging people and racism are very
different.  The former is something we all have to do throughout
our lives.  The latter is a concerted non factually supported
effort to: isolate, denigrate, catigate, etcetera.  Racism involves
intentionally trying to hurt a group of people based on their
ethnic identity alone, not merely prejudging someone.

> > Democrats are not an ethnic group
>
> I didn't say they were.

> > I suppose you missed my statement that
> > slandering Republicans by saying Democrats shouldn't allow them to vote
> > Republican is prejudice.
>
> Personally, I have no use for partisan politics.

Then why did you respond at all?  You sir are a partisan whether
you'll admit it or not evidenced by the fact that you responded
the way you did.  How in fact are you above partisan politics?

> > I have a problem with Obama
>
> I respect and support your right to tell others, as long as you
> respect the right of others to ignore or respond as they please.
> Personally, I couldn't care less.

What is this right to ignore that you quote?  Where do you get that
from exactly?  For that matter, where do you get that there is a
right to respond?  Is the purpose of the plug-talk list to tell
people that others have a right to ignore them?  Is that much
better than saying so and so is a Honkey and noone should listen
to them?  How about saying so and so is a nigger and noone should
listen to them?  Sounds like prejudice to me to come out and say

You most certainly do care or you wouldn't have posted anything
where lying hasn't gained you anything.  Congratulations Larry,
you've proven that people who comment on plug-talk can be
complete asses.