[PLUG-TALK] Keystroke Macros in OO.o Writer

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 24 22:54:55 UTC 2009

   I've not before used any keystroke macros in OO.o Writer. I'm reformatting
a piece of legislation by merging short lines; it's all of three kestrokes:
end, space, delete.

   The macro was recorded (Tools->Macros->Record), but kept and named in a
funky way. Regardless, there does not appear to be a way to assign a key
chord to run the macro. It actually is more work with the pointy device to
find the macro in the menus and run it than it is to type the three keys.

   Does anyone here know how to assign a chord (e.g., ^m) to a named macro in
OO.o?