[PLUG-TALK] Keystroke Macros in OO.o Writer

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 25 15:31:58 UTC 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Tools > Customize > Keyboard. In the big top window find the keystroke
> combination you want to use. (Note that ^m is already assigned to Default
> Formatting.) Select the keystroke combination you want, then click on
> Mofify. Then in the Category window scroll down to Openoffice.org Macros.
> Find your macro and select it.

   Thank you, John.

   For the record, when I followed the above steps "About OpenOffice.org" was
placed at that key instead of the selected macro. However, clicking on the
Modify button a second time changed it to the macro name. When nothing
happened using that new key, I shut down OO.o and restarted it. Now it
works. It would be nice if keystroke shortcut assignment was part of the
macro definition process.