[PLUG-TALK] Russell Hobbs power cord repair

Tony Rick tonyr42 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 22:59:11 UTC 2009

Thanks all.  I was under a time constraint.  I didn't make it to
Parkrose hardware, but the guy at Wink's who helped me said he had
never seen anything like the lugs inside the connector.  My feeling is
that if Wink's doesn't know what it is, it ain't in the Portland area.
 I could be wrong.
I clipped the lugs off of the appliance end of the cord, cut the cord
at the break, and soldered the lugs back on, replicating the original
wiring arrangement as closely as possible. (not the best job in the
world, but adequately insolated/isolated, and no flame, blue smoke or
GFI fault when I plug it back in) and reassembed the connector with a
pair of tiny bolts and nuts that Wink's did have, and that fit the
existing rivet holes.  I kind of suspect that Parkrose Hardware would
have done something similar.

- tony