[PLUG-TALK] MRC

Gregory Salter winterbeastie at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 11:10:43 UTC 2009

Okay, if not, then why are the benches called Pews?

Fact is, we make noise. sometimes unintentionally. Miss Manners is of the opinion that one should deny reality, and act like it never happened.
I think she is full of beans. just excuse yourself. these things happen. even in church.
But the names go farther than that. in one case, there are small round bread snacks called "Nun's Farts" ( from the french "Pets De Nonne")
which are fritter related.  Also, the common bread called Pumpernickel is like this, too. a bread from Germany, a very heavy bread said to cause flatulence. so rather than using english, they have used the German, Pumpen, (to flatulate) and Nickel, (a goblin or devil) so. you have to watch those nuns and goblins. they'll get you every time...