[PLUG-TALK] Aaron's bashing of religion...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Oct 28 11:11:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 02:52 -0700, Aaron wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Please tell me.. What is sex exactly?  How do you feel about it?  What
> does it mean to you?

Sex is a sharing in the divine power of God that is reserved for a
male husband and a female wife that He has joined together in marriage.
It's purpose is both unitive and procreative.  Outside of marriage,
sex has no purpose.  But what's the point of saying this to an
angry God hating person?

> Religion is a handicap. Religion caused the middle ages. More human
> suffering has been caused needlessly by religion.  Religion has caused
> huge amounts of hate and for no reason forced people to do many things
> they didn't want. Religion has slowed technology at every chance
> possible. Causing needless paing and suffering by slowing medical
> advances.  Religion is the worst thing to happen to humanity.  Even
> the morals depicted in Then bible are not healthy. Humans are HUMAN.
> And should be free to express that as individuals. So much suffering
> has been caused in the name  of any god. So many have felt rightious
> in inhumane acts in the name of a god.  Morality does not require a
> god to be. I would would always try and do my best to everyone and I
> do not beleive in god. But I know more religious people that hate more
> people because if their beleifs than I care to admit. Did Christ teach
> to hate or love?  Which is it?  You either accept people for how they
> are and love them or you can hate.  Choice is not bad. Even then bible
> says we have free choice. Yes?

Big charges with no supporting evidence are nothing but hogwash.
You should be informed about religious history before you attack
people of faith.  You paint with a wide brush and are anything
but clear.  The bible contains the owners manual for being a
human being.  The ten commandments are a path to happiness,
peace, and fulfillment.  All of the 10 commandments if you
study them closely build up human society.  Thou shall not
kill for example is common in civil law.  Thou shall not commit
adultery is common sense when it comes to protecting family
and children.  Thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods or
wife, the latter protects marriage which protects children.
As far as the thou shall not steal, that is common in
civil law also.  Christ doesn't say, "you have free will,
you are totally on your own."  He said to Mary Magdalene, "go
and sin no more."  He says to anyone who will listen, "pick
up your cross and follow me."  Our crosses are never going
to be as heavy as Christ's, so stop whining, pick up your
cross, and follow your Lord and savior.

> Because you thnk something Is bad doesn't actually make it so. If you
> think it's bad then don't do it and let others have the freedom to
> choose for themselves.  If you want to force your views on other
> people there are other countries that are better for you. North Korea
> etc..  America was founded on the idea if freedom. You don't have to
> agree but let others make the choice that works for them.
>
> Morality should be something we decide for ourselves not by the state!

Morality is not a decision to be made in the heat of the moment.
Morality can go out the window if you aren't solid and prepared
for tough moments.  Ideally, you listen to the Holy Spirit and
shape your conscience by what He tells you.  Choices do not
always produce freedom.  Some choices are simply bad ones that
enslave the person who makes them.  If you take certain drugs,
you'll get addicted and you'll be taking them again.  If they
are hallucinogenic drugs, watch out.  A moral code is something
to live your life by, something to follow to the letter.  I
tell you that pornography is evil because it is.  I have no
reason to lie to you or make this up.  Do you think I don't
realize that a part of many people wishes porn was okay?
It doesn't satisfy.  It hurts everyone involved with it.
It has to get worse because it doesn't satisfy.  Can't you
see that pornography is bad news?

An international law that bans free porn is a completely
reasonable step to take.