[PLUG-TALK] Porn on the Net...

Russell Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Oct 28 17:54:00 UTC 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 12:11 AM, Michael Robinson wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 17:53 -0700, Russell Johnson wrote:
>> On Oct 27, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Michael Robinson wrote:
>>
>>> The production and consumption of porn, whether through the Net or
>>> by
>>> other means, is always and has always been sex abuse.
>>
>> (deleted)
>
> That isn't necessary to say that pornography and prostitution
> constitute abuse.  Pornography abuses human sexuality regardless
> of whether or not the performers choose to be involved.  Doing
> something willfully does not make it right or wrong.  Pornography
> and prostitution are always wrong.

This is my last message on the subject. You need to find the proper
audience for your diatribes, and Michael, preaching to the folks in
here is not going to do it. Start a blog. You'll find as many
followers there as folks who view porn.

The real reason for this message is to point out that you contradicted
yourself again.

In the first paragraph, you say, "porn ... is always and has always
been sex abuse."

In the second, you say, "... isn't necessary to say that pornography
and prostitution constitute abuse."

I ask you to ask yourself, which is it? Is it or is it not abuse?
Could it possibly not be abuse?

Don't answer that here, as it's a rhetorical question, and this isn't
the audience for it.

Russell Johnson
russj at dimstar.net