[PLUG-TALK] Porn on the Net...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Oct 29 06:31:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 19:49 -0700, wes wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Michael Robinson
> <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
>         Noone has made a case yet that there is an inherent good that
>         comes from free porn.  Noone has proven that such a law can't
>         be passed.  There has been some rank religious discrimination
>         and mocking of the Palins, but nothing that suggests to me
>         that such a law shouldn't be both pursued and enforced once it
>         passes.
>
> No one bothers to seriously debate you because no one takes you
> seriously.
>

> Your personal issues with porn notwithstanding, I agree that it's a
> little too easily accessible. However, there are a lot bigger problems
> we can focus on first.

Like what?  If you aren't willing to discuss the topic of the
thread you should at least have the decency to open another
thread.

For not taking me seriously, people sure find the time to be nasty.
I've been called a book burner and worse.  Makes me question your
people aren't taking me seriously comment.  I must be hitting a
nerve to be getting all the flack I'm getting.

What is the personal comment for?  Porn is not a personal
phenomenon.  It isn't comparable to me commenting on what kind
of ice cream I like for example.  I regret the times I've
looked at porn, every single time I've looked.  I didn't look
because I lacked personal responsibility.  Quite the contrary,
I've taken steps to address my problem.  I for one think
something should be done by government to regulate the media
on the Net because much of the media today is moving there.
Porn is not a personal thing, being involved with it
regardless of which end of it you are on is always going to
hurt someone other than you while it hurts your relationship
with God as well.  The porn "model" doesn't need to think
that their "work" is appreciated by you viewing their
"production."  God is offended by porn every single time.
This "model" is someone's son or daughter.  This is not a
personal problem for anyone but a social problem instead
and the solution must involve government regulation.