[PLUG-TALK] White House goes Open Source

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Thu Oct 29 22:20:03 UTC 2009

You forget that saving money is not in the states (or the big city up
north) constitution or charter, and think of all the consultants,
contractors, resellers, Microsoft sales suits, etc that would
become unemployed of any of these large (Oregon wise) governmental
bodies adopted open source.

In addition it may break employment contracts where the decision
makers in IT would be required to have a very basic understanding
of technology not based on the cost of a suit and shoes or a $99
lunch.

-pete

PS I have actually heard the argument given above in a
PAC conference.