[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu Oct 29 23:07:59 UTC 2009

> Men are incapable
> of loving each other without God's help.

*sigh* ... this is a perfect example of why no one takes you or other
religulous zealots seriously. I think this is the single most personally
offensive comment I've seen from you and others like you.

I *DO* love my fellow man and woman and I *DO NOT* need god's help with
that. (Normally I would capitalize the name of god out of respect, but since
you have shown zero respect for anyone that disagrees with you, so shall I
disrespect you in the same manner. Eye for an eye, and all that.)

Zealots steal the meaning from words like truth, good, love, etc and claim
that their (your) beliefs are the only correct way to define them. This is
precisely in line with tactics used by religious organizations since ancient
times. The catholic church stole Saturnalia near the end of December each
year. They arbitrarily decided to retcon the birth of Jesus to that date in
order to assume control of the existing celebration. That's just one example
of the long and storied history of the church using lying, cheating, and
stealing to maintain power.

Even now, the membership is dwindling faster than ever in the history of the
church. As a result, they've lowered their standards in order to boost their
numbers. Suddenly the Anglican transgressions, previously punishable by
death or excommunication (which were highly analogous 500 years ago), are
acceptable. I thought the church is based on the infallible Word of God! But
now it's different. Politics and BS.

I don't have a problem with God or with belief in God. Even religion as a
whole to some extent is perfectly healthy. We have an innate need to fill
the gaps and find guidance. That system is perfectly suitable for many. Just
don't try to tell me that it's some kind of requirement in order for me to
be good. That is lies and manipulation of the highest order.

I try to stay out of this type of discussion because I know that you are not
interested in intelligent debate, all you are interested in is spewing your
own personal opinions and beliefs (or at least, those that you have been
instructed to believe) in an effort to feel powerful. We have a word for
that: troll.

-wes