[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Oct 29 23:59:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 15:32 -0700, Gregory Salter wrote:

> I reject Works Righteousness, because you Can't Earn your way to
> heaven. it is only by Grace, by Scripture, and by Faith are we saved.
> You are lost, Mr. Robinson, so long as you cling to that.

Faith without works is dead.  Jesus Christ earned the way to heaven
for any who will take up their little cross and follow Him.  The door
is open, but you still have to work to get through it.  It is easier
for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich
man to get into heaven.  Telling God I'm rich in faith, blessed with
grace, and an expert on scripture is not enough if you have no works
to go along with that.  Money is not bad so long as one realizes that
it isn't the source of their security.  It doesn't do any good to bury
a man with his 401k for example.  Jesus Christ modeled what man is to
do, what did He do?  Christ had a public ministry.  Christ worked.

Faith, hope, and love are important and they are the three virtues,
but they are meaningless without works.  Faith, works are needed.
hope, act on it for gosh sake.  Love, what are you willing to do
for God?

Well Gregory, would I be correct in assuming that you're a Lutheran?
What good is it for a man to say he believes in God if he doesn't
work for God?  The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few.
If you don't believe that you can earn heaven through Christ, you
can't get there.  Chances are, you'll get stuck in purgatory a
while until you learn how important works are to God.