[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

Russell Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Oct 30 04:58:05 UTC 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 8:39 PM, Michael Robinson wrote:

> Russell, you can't prove that God didn't make your friend the person
> he
> is before he "found Jesus."

The reverse is also true. You can't prove that God did make your
friend the person he is before he "found Jesus."

> God deserves worship for creating Man with both
> a natural and supernatural nature.  God is everyone's Father and he
> deserves our attention and consideration.

This pre-supposes the existence of god. This is faith, and that's what
I have an issue with. Believing in something without any concrete,
reproducible evidence.

>  Atheism is a cancer that I pray will be cured some day soon.

I hope nothing of the sort. If alternatives are not out there, it
would be a boring world indeed.

If everyone believed as you did, what would you write about? You can't
honestly believe that your life would be fulfilling if no one
disagreed with you...

Russj